1. Definition/Features of Musical Theatre
Musical theatre is a combination of popular music, spoken converse, acting and dance. It’s similar to opera.
2. Comparison with Opera
Musical theatre performer is often an actor first and then a singer and dancer. Besides, large theatres staging musicals generally use microphone. And it always employs popular music.
However, an opera singer is primarily a singer and only secondarily an actor (and seldom needs to dance). In addition, they don’t use microphones in the plays. And they often utilize classical music.
3. Two Large Venues Musicals are Performed In
Musicals are produced in
( London West End) or (Broadway). New York
4. Other Forms of Theatre (with Music)
5. Make a list (Musicals/Opera)
Musicals: Cats, Les Misérables, Le Fantôme de l'Opéra...
6. Find a Song (Video) of Musical and Briefly Introduce the Background (with Lyrics)